An exciting opportunity has arisen at Haddleton Legal for a Paralegal to support our growing team of senior lawyers.
Haddleton Legal supports organisations’ senior management and in-house legal teams with their strategic, governance, compliance and legal needs. Our team is mainly made up of former in-house lawyers and as such we have a uniquely commercial perspective to the work we do for clients.
Based at our head office in Harrogate, your main role as a Paralegal at Haddleton Legal will be to support our lawyers in their work, with scope for autonomy and client contact. As a result, you will be involved in a lot of different areas across the business and wide range of people.
Your duties will include:
- Drafting formal legal documents, such as contracts, as well as correspondence with clients and other parties and checking document accuracy
- Carrying out office administration, including billing and writing letters, photocopying, making and receiving phone calls and fielding correspondence
- Organising diaries, scheduling meetings and responding to telephone queries
- Analysing and inputting data, writing articles for internal or external circulation
- Building valuable relationships with clients
- Writing reports and conducting legal research
- Making recommendations concerning commercial and legal decisions
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts whilst managing exposure to risk and compliance policies
- Conducting reviews of commercial contracts and identifying, assessing and mitigating contractual risks.
The ideal candidate will preferably have or be studying towards an LPC qualification with a view to a potential training contract.
The variety of duties involved will suit someone who is comfortable with multi-tasking, with a focus on providing excellent service and a high level of accuracy.
You will be handling confidential and sensitive information, so patience, sensitivity and tact are important qualities. You will also be expected to perform well under pressure without sacrificing a high attention to detail. Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills are key in this role.
Salary is £18-£21k (full time)
To apply, please contact the General Manager with CV: email@example.com