Join our Team
Working with us isn’t just a job, it’s an opportunity to shape your career path. Our company was built on a set of four core values which make that possible: trust, personal service, premium quality and warmth. Our values aren’t just words on a page – we aim to live them everyday.
Take a look at the current opportunities we have available and give us a call!
Take a look at our latest job vacancies below.
Like the look of us but don’t see the right job for you? We are always looking for like-minded people. If you think we need you on our team now, give us a call anyway!
Experienced Financial Controller
Haddletons are looking for an experienced Financial Controller (ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified) with experience of working in fast growing companies. Reporting directly to the CEO, the role will involve preparing budgets, monthly management information as well as improving systems and processes. The right candidate must possess a willingness to roll up their sleeves, grasp issues and find good solutions promptly, independence of thought, constantly challenging themself and others to do better, a desire to work in, and foster, a happy team environment.
This is a part-time role working two days per week based at the company’s office in Harrogate (attendance at the office will be required). Salary will be subject to experience and there may be an opportunity to develop as the company grows. Prior experience working in a legal business is not necessary.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to stamp your mark on this role as it has been newly created.
With management responsibility for the finance team, you’ll act as a mentor to this team and encourage their development.
Haddletons is not just a law firm; we are a purpose-built, legal and business services provider. Our goal is to make life easier for our clients, to free them up to do what they do best – growing their business.
Working with us isn’t just a job, it’s an opportunity to shape your career path. We are a team made up of warm-hearted, skilled and supportive professionals. Our company was built on a set of four core values: trust, personal service, premium quality and warmth. Our values aren’t just words on a page – we aim to live them everyday.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the finance function
- Preparing the monthly management accounts
- Presentation of monthly accounts to the CEO
- Preparation of annual budget
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the yearend financial accounts and liaising with external auditors and accountants
- Reviewing daily bank accounts preparing the cashflow
- Preparation of weekly payment listing for approval
- Managing the payroll and auto-enrolment
- Reviewing quarterly VAT returns
- Implementation of robust accounting and account reconciliation processes
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Appropriately qualified, ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- High levels of integrity and ability to operate with confidential information
- A proven track record of working at a similar level in a similar sized organisation
- Excellent communicator (written and oral)
- Proven ability of working under pressure
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Experience of managing a small team effectively
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to assimilate information
- A high level of attention to detail
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (pro rota) Depending on experience
Please send a copy of your CV to [email protected]