Employment & HR
From offering the right employment contract, to ensuring your policies are relevant and current. From deciding between employed or self-employed status, to providing excellent training. The right choices will lead to a loyal and productive team. Let us help you make excellent choices and avoid the pitfalls!
What we do:
We are able to help with a diverse range of matters such as:
- Disciplinary Procedures (and appeals)
- Employee or self-employed status
- Employee rights on transfer of a business (TUPE)
- Employees and privacy law
- Employment contracts
- Employment support for Corporate transactions
- Maternity Rights
- Policies and Staff handbooks
- Post Brexit Sponsor’s licences
- Preparation for and Representation at Employment tribunals
- Restrictive covenants
- Right to Work
- Sense checks & second opinions
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time directive
Why use Haddletons:
Why not use our highly experienced HR Support Team! Working with you operationally they will help bring your employees (and directors) on board, providing letters of appointment, contract, policies and training . They will also help with day-to-day queries. This service can be purchased separately for a monthly fee.
For more knotty legal matters (inclduing difficult conversations), our highly experienced lawyers will apply their wisdom to achieve relevant solutions, acting decisively in your favour to secure your business. Employment law is easy to get wrong, so why not let us steer you through choppy waters?
As part of our commitment to transparency on pricing, click here if you wish to see the likely costs associated with us representing you in an Employment tribunal claim for unfair or wrongful dismissal.
The Haddletons Way
We earn your trust through our authenticity. We listen, we communicate honestly, we genuinely care.
We are people just like you. Get to know us and you will find that we can do more than just resolve your problems and lighten your load.
We look at the world through your eyes to offer a truly bespoke service. The more we understand you and your world, the more we can do for you.
We offer a premium service with price certainty. Our insight and expertise applied to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- paying men and women different amounts for work of equal value.
- selecting someone for redundancy based on a protected characteristic.
- unfairly rejecting a request for flexible working from a new parent.
- introducing a benefit which discriminates between workers, for example a benefit for married employees only.
- Capability – your are not capable of completing the job you were employed to do.
- Conduct – this is behaviour related and can be anything from persistent lateness to theft.
- Redundancy – the employer will have a redundancy policy which must have been adhered to.
- Breaking the law – even outside of the place of work, illegal behaviour is a sackable offence.
- Any other reason – deliberately wide in scope to catch all other potential issues.
- changing an employee’s duties without notice or reason.
- reducing an employee’s salary without agreement.
- discrimination or abusive behaviour in the workplace.